Grandma Chic

Sunday, October 26, 2014

(H&M hat and dress; Thrifted vintage sweater: Report leather booties)








I appreciate the fact that modesty is in now. I love knee length dresses and skirts. Whenever I wear something form fitting, I have to top it off with a layer (preferably oversized). I think this started with me being body conscious, but now it's more about my personal style and comfort. Here are some rules I use for myself to make sure I'm not showing off a little too much:

1) if you're going to bare your mid-drift cover up your legs. Knee length should be the minimum for your bottom. 

2) if you're going to go for a mini or short shorts cover up your top and wear a semi-modest heels. Something too high will make the short seem shorter especially if you already have long legs. 

3.) and in regards to cleavage ... Less is more. I am very busty and sometimes it is  hard to cover up, but that's why I rely on layering. 

I still believe there are no rules when it comes to fashion. You have to do what works best for you and I'm good at that.

Until Next Time,
Vanessa A. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)