HVA Beauty Routine

Monday, March 2, 2015


I'm not a beauty guru by any means. I am probably just a step above a beginner when it comes to make-up, but I still wear it on a daily basis because I like it. Putting on make-up is like putting the finishing touches to an outfit.

My beauty routine is pretty simple. I use these 6 products everyday. The only thing that is not pictured is my Chanel blush/highlighter trio and my ELF eyebrow kit. Just in case there are any beginners out there like me, I am going to share my beauty routine with you because it works. It is easy and seemless.

1) I start by washing and moisturizing my face. I just use oatmeal and honey soap from Trader Joes to wash my face. It works as I have recently developed problematic skin.
I tone with a homemade witch hazel and lemon juice mixture and then I moisturize. I allow my moisturizer to soak into my skin before I start applying my make-up. I normally use the time to pick out my ootd. 

2) I apply NYX Photo Loving primer which works really well for me. It allows my make-up to stay on all day with minimal to no re-touches.
3) I apply my MAC MATCHMASTER liquid foundation. I pump two little dots on to my flat top brush and then I buff it in all over my face. The only time I use concealer is when I feel like my eyes look really tired or I have a troublesome blemish that I want to cover. The MATCHMASTER foundation provides medium coverage for me and I prefer that because I like my make-up to look a little natural and not so dramatic. 
4) I fill-in my naturally thick eyebrows with an ELF eyebrow kit (not pictured). It is one of my must-have products and the best part is that it works very well and it is only 3.00 at Target. 

5) After I fill my eyebrows, I apply my Chanel blush to the apples of my cheeks very lightly, highlight my nose with my highlighter for a little contour, and then I set it all with my Maybelline Fit ME powder. 

6) The last thing that I do is put on mascara. I have been using the MAYBELLINE  Great Lash Mascara since I was old enough to wear make-up. I used to steal it from my mom's beauty cabinet in her bathroom when I was in High-School. In my opinion it is one of the best beauty products to own. After that moisturize my lips add a lip color and then I am already to go. 



Until Next Time, 
Vanessa A. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)